Model / Actress / Dancer - Practical Audition (Females Only)
PRACTICAL AUDITION - ONE LUCKY WINNER WILL RECEIVE
* FREE TMP PORTFOLIO *
* ASIAN STYLE MAGAZINE COVER/FEATURE PHOTO SHOOT *
* PROFESSIONAL CATWALK TRAINING *
* MAIN ROLE IN SUPER HIT HINDI STYLE LOVE SONG/SHORT FILM *
# Basic Information:-
Date: Monday 1st March 2010
Location: TBA (Central London, within walking distance of Holborn Tube Station)
Time: Arrival between 8.45am and 9am till around 6pm
Management reserve the right to refuse entry, you will be asked to present ID.
Representatives (scouts) from
- Guvy Heer (Photography and Broadcast Video Production)
- Crystals Media LTD (Media PR and corporate event organizing)
- Lavaniya (Media and fashion make-up specialists)
- TMP (The Models Portal)
- ASA & ASM (Asian Style Awards & Asian Style Magazine)
- S & J Stars (Jaimal Mistry, One of UK’s most sought after choreographers, Official choreographer for Miss India UK 2010)
are collectively holding a practical audition for a range of positions in the following disciplines:
- Modeling (Beauty & Catwalk)
- General Performance
During the process, applicants will be assessed on:
- Capability to follow specific direction
- Use of initiative under vague direction – ‘think outside the box’
- Versatility between roles
- And more.
Any one of the above-mentioned representatives may request a short one-to-one informal interview, or request contact information during the audition. Applicants must answer relevant questions to any scout during the day.
Scouts may offer positions to as many or as little applicants as they see fit. This is an exclusive opportunity to get up close and personal with the decision makers and professional teams behind some of the biggest names in the modeling, acting and media industries of UK.
One outstanding applicant will be the lucky winner of the star prize comprising of a TMP portfolio photo shoot, Asian Style Magazine cover/feature photo shoot, professional catwalk training and a main role in a forthcoming Hindi style summer anthem.
# Practical Audition Process:-
The audition process consists of mandatory participation in an ‘Asian Rock’ style music video filmed by worldwide acclaimed production team and directed by Guvy Heer. All applicants will be delegated one or many roles in the production depending on individual performance and ability. Other roles will include dancing in a group, improvising solo dance performances, and role-play amongst other tasks. Scouts will monitor all applicants simultaneously on topics outlined above.
All scenes will be shot on location with a strictly female only environment. Content will be tasteful family viewing, but to a new and unique theme.
Vague timetables of the day’s events are as follows:
Arrival – 8.45 to 9am
Introduction and forms – 9.30am
Preparation – 10am
Filming commence - 11am
Lunch – 2pm
Filming continue – 2.45pm
Filming end – 6 to 7pm
(TBC with successful applicants)
Note. Not all applicants will be needed throughout the filming period, but will still be required to stay on site unless instructed otherwise. Waiting rooms with refreshments and snacks will be provided.
# Music Video Shoot info:-
The song is by acclaimed singer Labh Janjua (Mundiya To Bach Ke/Beware of the boys – Panjabi MC/Jay Z, Soni Di Nakhreh, Jee Karda – Singh is King) collaborating with producer Jr Dread, with his debut release.
The song has a very electric and energetic beat coming in at 125bpm. Applicants will be required to portray a fun, exciting and energetic atmosphere in their dancing and expressions, facial and body alike.
To reflect the theme applicants will need to dress to an ‘eclectic, rock chick, vintage twist’ theme which can be described as the ‘lady gaga’ look. See Topshop.co.uk and Allsaints.co.uk. For other references please view music videos with similar themes ‘Nightwish - Bye Bye Beautiful' and ‘Lady Gaga - Just Dance.'
Revealing clothing will be unsuitable and is not preferred. Wild hair, Smokey eyes, some loud colors complimenting accessories typically found in topshop and all saints etc would work well.
# Application process:-
All applicants must be female and above 18.
You will need to send four photographs (2 x full length shots and 2 x head shots) accompanied by your previous relevant experience and a short paragraph (no more than 100 words) about why you should be the lucky winner of the audition process. You will also need to provide a valid UK contact number, an email address and confirmation that you are available to attend the audition in the outlined dates and times.
‘PA - <Enter your full name>’
Successful applicants will receive a short telephone interview at the soonest possible convenience accompanied by an email to confirm their position on the audition. Unsuccessful applicants will receive feedback in writing.
Application closing date is 25th February 2010
# General info / rules:-
- All successful applicants must keep the location of the audition exclusive to themselves
- Applicants must arrive within the times outlined, punctuality is very important
- Poor punctuality, abusive behavior to crew, scouts or other applicants will not be tolerated. Offenders will be escorted off site by security
- Applicants must apply their own make-up prior to arrival unless otherwise instructed
- Applicants that arrive in unsuitable clothing (not abiding to the specifications as detailed) may be disqualified from the process
- A secure cloak-room and holding area will be provided for coats and bags / change of clothes if applicants change into the specified dress-code on location
- Soft drinks and snacks will be provided, alcohol consumption during or 6 hours prior to the audition is strictly prohibited
- This audition is a one-off opportunity to network and present to media professionals on this scale, alternative dates cannot be arranged
- Applicants may not be accompanied by friends or family that have not successfully applied for the audition
- Applicants must stay on-site throughout the day
- All applicants must sign a disclaimer agreeing for them to be filmed and footage to be aired globally on several TV networks and the Internet
- The audition process is not a paid process. Scouts and other associated branches of opportunities could lead onto fully paid roles
- Management reserve the right to remove applicants from the site at any given time if thought to be acting outside of the terms mentioned above
We look forward to your applications and to see all of the successful applicants on March 1st.
Marcus Flemmings – TMP
Fatima Patel – ASA & ASM
Rachna Kaur – Crystals Media Ltd
Jaimal Mistry – S & J Stars
Sanj Sandhu & Kam Gill - Lavaniya Hair & Make-Up